10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might.
11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.
13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
14 Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness,
15 and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
16 above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one.
17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God;
Our Present Predicament
America is in moral free fall. We are victims of spiritual warfare. We have a media masking truth. We have courts perverting justice. We have schools deliberately “dumbing down” our youth. We have replaced our traditional heritage with “multiculturalism,” revisionism, and value relativism. Traditional patriotism is now relegated as a form of idol worship. Our government is now the purveyor of immorality.
Why are we surprised? Governments have always loved crises: they provide the rationale for increasing budgets and bureaucracies, and subjugating the population. Most new dictators create external crises to consolidate their internal powers. In our country, they long ago learned that social crises serve as well as military ones. There is one insight that supplies a key missing link: immorality results in social crises. Is it any surprise to learn that governments have an enormous incentive to promote immorality?!
(Written by Chuck Missler 2009)
I have a question for you and that is, are you in the full time ministry?
If you are not then let me ask you have you accepted Jesus Christ as you Lord and Savior? Yes fantastic! If not and would like to just pray this prayer.
As well as being in the full time ministry you are a solider in the army of the Lord awaiting orders from you King. Before you can go into battle you need to make sure your armor is on and secure. This study will help and assist you in preparing so that when your King gives you an order you are ready willing and able to go.
- “Flesh and blood” are found where else in the bible?
- Does those words have the same meaning in those passages as it does here?
- What else do they mean?
- Looking at verse 10, it has three parts, and what are they?
- Do they relate to you?
- What are the wiles of the devil?
- What happens if you don’t put on the whole armor of God?
- What are principalities?
- What are Powers?
- What are the rules of darkness of this age?
- Who were the rulers of darkness before?
- Who are spiritual hosts of wickedness in heavenly places?
- Are there spiritual hosts of wickedness in other places?
- Is there a difference in “the whole armor of God” in verse 10 versus verse 13?
- How many commands are given between verse 10 and verse 17?
- Describe your waist with truth?
- Could truth mean, when the Word and deed become one?
- Based on that what is truth?
- Describe the breastplate of righteousness?
- What is “the preparation” of the Gospel of Peace?
- Describe the shield of Faith?
- What are the fiery darts of the wicked one?
- Describe the helmet of salvation?
- Describe the sword of the Spirit?
- When is the best and worst time to put on the whole armor of God?