Belshazzzar is co-regent with his father Nabonidus, who is the son of Nebuchadnezzar. Nabonidus led his army to Palestine and Northern Arabia. He decided to stay and let his son run the empire.
1) As you look at this chapter what do you see in common between Belshazzzar and his grandfather Nebuchadnezzar and what are their differences?
2) Is there anything wrong in verse 4?
3) What would your reaction be if you saw the fingers on a hand write an inscription on the wall opposite of you right now?
4) What do you think verse 6 means?
5) What is the difference between verse 6 and verse 9?
6) When Daniel was brought before the king, the king wanted to make sure this was the right Daniel so he asked Daniel a question. What was Daniel’s answer?
7) When the king heard the interpretation he didn’t question it he just followed through with his decree. Why?
8) The next verse says that the king killed by the Chaldeans. (For your record the date was 10/12/539B.C.) Verse 31 states that Darius, the Mede received the kingdom. What happened between those two verses?