1) As you read the first 4 verses I ask you where is Daniel?
2) Remember when the king of the known world sent word to all the important people in all his lands to come to Babylon for this dedication. What would have happened if they didn’t come?
3) When the Chaldean’s came forth accusing certain Jews, they were very specific on which Jews they accused. Why didn’t they accuse Daniel?
4) Does the king show respect to Shadrach, Meshach and Ibad Nego by asking them a second time instead of just killing them?
5) Compare their faith in verses 17 & 18 to yours?
6) Now the king was very upset so he did something foolish, what was it?
7) Remember who is in Babylon also remember what happens to someone he king. As you look at verse 25 you will notice King Nebuchadnezzar, king of the whole known world, make a statement: “I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire; and they are not hurt, and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God.” I ask you a question, how does the king or any of his counselors know that (a) there is a “Son of God”? (b) that they have all seen Him up close and personal to have the knowledge to make the distinction [remember how hot the fire is] (c) If they have personal knowledge of the “Son of God” especially the king, why do they still act the way they do?
8) Here in verse 26 something interesting happens, the king gives an invitation to only 3 of the 4 persons in the fiery furnace. After his grand statement in the last verses why is the king being so rude?
9) How would you feel if you were one of those named in verse 27?
10) Why do you think in verse 28 that the king not only contradicted himself but also downplayed who all had been there?
11) Comparing verse 30 of Chapter 3 to verses 48 & 49 of Chapter 2 , where can they go in job title except to take over Daniel’s position? Why would this be?