1) What were the key points that were and were not mentioned in the story of the adulteress and why?
2) When the incident was over, what might have been going through the mind of the woman?
3) The Pharisees and the teachers were often very self-righteous. Why do you think they went away rather than stone the woman and what might they be thinking as they left?
4) What does Jesus say about sin in these verses?
5) Why are we tempted to condemn other people’s sin rather than are own?
6) What do we learn about forgiveness from Jesus’ actions and words? Can you name a situation in which one needs to apply Jesus’ example and teaching on forgiveness?