- Explain verse 1?
- As you look at the world how many people have you see corrupted by money?
- As you look at verse 3, what do you believe James is trying to get across?
- You have read verse 1 – 6, how would you describe the situation in today’s world?
- In verse 7 what is the meaning of patient?
- As you are being patient, then you need to establish your heart?
- What door is the judge standing at?
- Has the Lord ben compassionate and merciful in your life?
- What is meant in verse 12?
- When you are suffering, do you reach for a pill; call the doctor; pray or call the church elders?
- You may be healed of what?
- “Fervent prayer of a righteous avail’s much” means what?
- In this day and age we call it backsliding. When you see someone going that way what should you do?
1) Looking at verse 1 & 2 it shows us in general we try to obtain but not get, why? Are you
guilty of this?
2) Ask amiss?
3) Are you a friend of the world?
4) Have you submitted to God?
5) How do you get close to God?
6) Do you ever judge your breather?
7) Why do think James calls your life a vapor?
8) Do you live for yourself or for the Lord? Be honest?
9) How do you resist the devil?
- It has been said that if you lead your whole life and don’t commit a single sin, that when you die and go to heaven you could say to Jesus…..”Move Over” Is this true?
- Looking at verse 7 would the world in general agree?
- Is your tongue “unruly evil” full of deadly poison? Honestly?
- If you have children, have you ever snapped at them right after you just finished praying to God?
- Do you know people who fall into verse 13?
- Using verse 17 as a guide how does wisdom compare3 to love in 1 Corinthians 13?
- Who makes peace?
1) What is meant in verse 1 by “with partiality”?
2) Have you ever been in church and someone comes in dressed to the nines and they
are shown partiality?
3) With that being said what happens when a drunk or a poor person comes in?
4) Verse 5 has a good question, what is your answer?
5) What is dishonoring the poor man?
6) What is James saying about a rich man who doesn’t get his way?
7) What are the two royal laws?
8) True James is primarily talking to the Jews in Jerusalem, who know and understand
the law and in verse 10 he lowers the hammer on them. Does this verse have
any bearing on you?
9) What does the law of liberty mean to you?
10) Mercy triumphs over judgement. Explain
11) James poses a good question in verse 14. What is your take on it?
12) When you pass by people asking for work or food, what does it profit?
13) What is mean in verse 18?
14) You believe there is one God, so do others? Are they all the same one or are they
15) Even though you know the outcome, was Abraham justified in what he did?
16) Do your works make you a friend of God?
17) Are you dead or alive?
- How many types of servants are mentioned in the bible?
- What does a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ mean to you?
- “To the twelve tribes scattered abroad” Does this mean us?
- In verse two “count it all joy” Explain?
- If you have ever prayed for patience, do you think verses three and four are your answers?
- We all lack some sort of wisdom and in verse five is the answer on how to get it, but when you need it do you ask for it do you ask amiss?
- As you read verse nine and ten, what do you come away with?