At different points of time in our lives, we each have sought some form of pleasure. Here, the writer says that he would start with laughter. That wasn’t good enough; so he then went on to build houses, orchards, gardens and watercourses. That too wasn’t good enough. So he then turned to money and then to sensual and erotic delights.
- Do you agree that pleasure is an important thing in your life?
- How do you find pleasure?
- To what extent do seek out pleasure?
- Is pleasure the dominant force in your life?
- As we look at the world to day, one would see that pleasure is the number one goal of the secular world. Either by working so hard to but it. Or just by trying to totally live it. We trying to live a Christian way of life, do we also fall into this category?
- If so, is our way any different?
- After reading this portion of the chapter might we have learned anything?